I‘m a mixed chic so my hair is mixed too. My dad is white and my mother is black, so my hair journey has been all over the place. I still remember the days when I would flat iron my hair with a real iron, like on an ironing board! Don’t ever do this!
Anyway, I’ve tried a ton of products and hair hacks on this head of mine but with summer almost in full effect and this southern humidity on the way I wanted to share a product from a hair product line that I’ve recently fallen in love with. Let me introduce, Living Proof!
They reached out and allowed me to order a bunch of goodies. They have a really cool feature on their site: The Product Selector Tool which ask you a couple questions about the state of your hair and what your looking for in hair products. It matches you with the products that will give you your desired result. One of the star products is their No Frizz Nourishing Oil Frizzy hair is not cute and girls like me have to fight that much harder in the summer months. The No Frizz Nourishing Oil blend was specifically formulated to mimic hair’s natural oil, providing coarse hair breakthrough frizz protection and much-needed hydration for smooth, shiny, healthy-feeling hair.
- After washing my hair I applied the Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil to my towel dried hair and oh-m- gee, the smell is divine and I loved the way my hair felt after blowdrying. I’ve used a lot of different serum’s and this one is by far my favorite.
- I always let my hair “set” by spraying it with dry shampoo. If I don’t do this step my hair will not curl because it is very fine. I discovered this trick a couple months back and it’s a lifesaver. I love the way the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo doesn’t leave my hair feeling gritty… like some other dry shampoos.
- Next I used a 1 inch wand to curl my hair in 1 inch sections. It sounds like it takes a while but it doesn’t… 15 minutes max.
- I pinned half of my hair up with a couple bobby pins and wah-la — summer party ready!
- Lastly, I finished off with the Living Proof Flex Shaping Hairspray which kept my waves looking flawless all day.