So I have kinda been having a love affair with all things plaid, checked or tartan… such a great print to incorporate into your wardrobe. Most people think preppy school girl or holiday style when it comes to these prints. However, I wanted to showcase this trend in a more chic way. In an Alicia Silverstone-esque Clueless kinda way. This plaid skirt by ASOS is the perfect multi-tasking skirt. It can be worn from day to night all season long, and in sooo many different ways. I paired mine with a structured faux-leather peplum and a simple white shirt. Side note: Layering and/or even pattern mixing make for stylishly interesting looks, when done right.
- White Button Down: Jones New York via TJ Maxx
- Faux – Leather Peplum: Forever 21
- Plaid Pencil Skirt: ASOS Curve
- Ankle Strap Heels: Forever 21
- Winged Bag: Michael Kors: Selma